Sunday, March 28, 2010

I cannot believe I forgot!

I never posted what was determined at the March GI appointment.

Well the most wonderful, fabulous, amazing news is that Wondertwin A has been OUT OF PAIN since the beginning of March!

After the EGD, the GI doc doubled her Prevacid. This finally allowed the gastritis in her stomach to heal. Once healed, she is no longer in pain. Her wonderul, happy, silly, sometimes naughty, often loud true self has been revealed.

We took her off of Loratadine and she takes Periactin as her antihistimine and appetite stimulant. After 2 weeks on the new meds, and being out of pain, Wondertwin A, for the first time ever broke the 34 pound mark.

When we go back in April, I hope to reduce the prevacid and stop the appetite stimulant. I think she will eat now, because it no longer hurts.

1 comment:

ADMIN said...

God is so great! I am so happy for your baby girl and your entire family.
I hope that she has a wonderful Easter and enjoys being able to eat pain free from now on.