Monday, December 15, 2008

Allergies Suck!

I am glad that C cannot read cuz I would not want her to feel bad, but allergies suck.

C was being sneaky on Saturday and ate a piece of candy cane. Now, this candy cane was in our home for approximately 5 minutes, I saw it in the wagon and planned to take care of it as soon as everyone was settled. She was sneaky, went into the daycare, ate the candy cane, - all in the 2 minutes that she was out of my sight!

Within 5 minutes her nose started to run, she started to cough, and she broke out in hives. 2 minutes later I used the Epi-Pen Jr. on her.

We left for the er soon after. While there (for 4 1/2 hours) she received 2 albuterol treatments, oxygen, Predisolone, Benedryl, and a shot of a steriod.

It was terribly stressful, but I am grateful for the prayers of many friends.

She still needs Benedryl every 4 hours to keep hives at bay, otherwise, she is doing fine.

UPDATE: I just received an email back from Spangle Candy Canes, their candy cares are free of pear and pear juice! YEAH

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I am sorry that you had to deal with all of that, but very glad that C. is okay! You are an amazing mom!

Jennifer said...

Wow - how scary. I am sorry for you and C!