Sunday, April 20, 2008

Plastics

I have been thinking about plastic lately. I had heard that plastic numbers 3, 6, and 7 are bad for food products. I had read a lot about it on the 4 real message board. I still did not do anything about it. Then it comes out that Canada is going to deem some plastic (that with BPA) as toxic.

At that point I figured God really was leading me to check into all of that plastic that my girls eat off of. If you have even eaten at my domicile, you know that the wondertwins are VERY particular about eating off of certain dishes. I was really worried about having to explain why the Dora and Strawberry Shortcake plates and bowls and cups were going to disappear.

I did look at our dishes. Jeremy and I have decided that we will allow milamine dishes. They are plastic but have not been shown to leach chemicals into the food. So we removed ALL except 1 plate, Franklin the turtle. We did manage to find Dora, Diego, and Pirate milamine dishes at Pamida. So the 3 little ones are all set. They each have 1 plate and 1 bowl. I bought glasses for us all to use.

Diva was very sad to realize that the Hannah Montana and High School Musical dishes were ALL unsafe. If anyone out there in blog land knows where to obtain glass or milamine HM or HSM dishes PLEASE leave a comment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.