Saturday, September 20, 2008

My first attempt


Here is my very first attempt at making a shaped cake, using buttercream, and fondant. My friend Cakemaker has made some wonderful cakes for me in the past. Here is one she made for teen, and who could forget the beautiful one she made for the Wondertwins , that I just realized I never posted about, since I failed to post about the birthdays this summer. Here it is!



She also made one for my Advent Tea last year. Follow this link to see it!

Anyway back to my cake. Cakemaker is a wonderful friend, and as such she does not charge for what her cakes are worth. I know their worth, and can no longer order them (and underpay her) without guilt. So, I borrowed her cake pan, so fondant, and buttercream; and made the above cake for a church cake walk today. So, what do you think of my first attempt?

1 comment:

VeganLinda said...

Very nice! I'm impressed. I know what you mean about her under-charging.