Friday, January 6, 2012

Homeschooling in Iowa

So, as I mentioned in a previous post, we are now living and homeschooling in Iowa. Unlike Illinois, Iowa actually cares what I teach and if/how my children learn. This has been somewhat stressful for me. I have to send in test scores at the end of the school year. This of course means that my children must take a test. LOL They have never been tested in that manner before, so it should be interesting.

Next year to avoid this silly testing, my girls will all be enrolled with Seton Homeschooling. They are accredited. I teach and grade almost everything, there are a few things they test. Then I send the grades to them, and Seton sends me a report card. I turn the report card into the school district.

One thing that is a BIG positive about homeschooling in Iowa, is dual enrollment. Diva is enrolled at the local elementary school, for violin lessons only. She attends school on Monday 8-8:20 am lol. She does not appreciate the time, but loves the teacher.

1 comment:

ADMIN said...

I've heard that homeschooling here in so cal is also very strictly monitored. I love that your daughter can take music lessons at the school!
Happy New Year!